Monday, December 27, 2010

First Day

So yesterday, after 4 hours of sleep and ‘An Affair to Remember’, ‘The Backup Plan’, ‘Eat Pray Love’, ‘Going the Distance’, ‘Charlie St. Cloud’, and the beginning of ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’, I landed in Sydney. I struggled with my heavy heavy heavy bags and made my way down to the train to meet my friends. We traveled to Randwick where my friend Emily’s friend Kalee is living. It is a really beautiful townhouse! The houses in this area are really cute townhouses and cottages. We relaxed for a while then went and ran errands with another friend. They took me to get a sim card for a cell phone and then down to Coogee Beach to look at the water. It is so hilly and the houses on cliffs overlooking the water are insanely beautiful. It’s pretty gray out, but it was still an incredible view.
Cool thing: their parking garages are really high-tech and each spot has a little green or red light to assist you in finding a spot. If there is a car parked there, the light is red and as soon as the car pulls out it knows to turn green. This way you don’t turn down aisles aimlessly. It was pretty neat to see.
Today we woke up and went for a 4 mile run to the beach and back. Again it was gray, but so so nice. It was such a hilly run and it kicked my butt but the scenery made up for it.  I ate some ‘brekkie’ and now we’re just getting dressed and heading into downtown for a birthday party. I think we are going to go to the opera house later and see the harbor area!! I’m bringing my camera so I’ll take some pictures and hopefully upload them later!  
Kangaroo kisses and BHAPpy,
Dana xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment