Monday, December 27, 2010

Brown Hair Au Pair



Hi! I am officially on my way to Sydney, Australia and am now a blogger! It is 4:06am EST, and I am wide awake, eating my meal (steamed green beans and rice—yay for a thrilling vegetarian option) and watching a movie.
I can’t believe that I am actually on my way to Australia! I am going to be in Perth until the end of summer and I am really excited to be able to travel. Lauren created my blog name and wanted me to say: Brown hair, don’t care (See Lu, I remembered!). On BHAP I will chronicle some of the things I will be doing so that it doesn’t seem like I am 10,000 miles away. You can also skype me at dana.mylastname (I got rid of the other skype names that come up, so make sure that this is the one you call).
Weird story: I was sitting in the LAX airport waiting for my flight when a man asked to borrow my phone charger. I said yes, and we started talking and it turns out he is a lawyer from South Africa, but his family lives in Perth and his nieces and nephews go to the same Hebrew Day School as the girls I will be an au pair for. Such a small world! Too bad I forgot his name..
Anyway, I should be exhausted right now seeing as I have been awake for 21 hours, but of course I am the only person on the plane still awake. Hopefully I will get some rest; I know tomorrow will be a looooong day in Sydney. My friend will be meeting me at the airport and then showing me around all day. I’ll try to post some pictures next time I blog.
In the meantime, kangaroo kisses and BHAPpy,
Dana xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment